Tuesday, August 17, 2010

stroke

On July 22nd, I was hit with a mini-stroke.

I was working for a friend in her produce stand. It was about 9:30 in the morning, on a Thursday. Fortunately, I was alone for the duration of the initial attack. When I could move, without much fear of falling, I was able to get to the cell phone and call her to ask for a replacement. Sharon came to relieve me, and I drove home. I called in sick to my regular part-time job, informing them that I doubted I’d make it in Friday or Saturday.

During the course of the day, I periodically lost power on my right side. I endured. I can’t tell you what I was thinking. It wasn’t until Friday, late afternoon that I called a friend in Roanoke and asked her to come out for the night. Within an hour of her arrival, she called the rescue squad. I was in the hospital for three days.

I’ve made an almost full recovery, but a number of issues have arisen that I feel the need to document.

No comments:

Post a Comment